Friday, November 30, 2007

Eclipse

I'am now on page 270 of Eclipse, and like always: ITS AMAZING. But I recently read one line in my book that is extremely captivating and am sure we can all relate to.

"I knew exactly what I wanted, but I was suddenly terrified of getting it" (Meyer 269).

I thought this quote is very infallible statment that i think anyone can relate to. (why is my comp. being so slow?- it is typing the words like 5 words after I actually type...oh there we go. nvm) In the novel, this quote convey's Bella's sudden ambivalence towards her situation. Ever since she met Edward, she has wanted to become a vampire. This is always been her goal and she had always knew that to become one of "them" was her ultimate destiny. But to become a vampire meant giving up her mortality. And as the imminent day of her change grew closer, Bella started to get anxious. She started to think about her life as a human being and all the intricacies of human life that she would be giving up. Bella then started asking her self questions. "Why was I panicking now? What should it frighten me that it was here?" (Meyer 268).
I think this situation happens to all of us. We plan on doing something and for the time being it is pretty far off in the future. However, as we approach our deadline, things start to enter our minds and play with our thoughts. Our conscience speaks and feeds us lots of advice that we may have never thought of before. As the event gets closer we have second thoughts and often get terrified. But in the end, either you follow through with your decision or you don't and you turn out content or learning from your mistakes.

No comments: