Friday, December 7, 2007

Shakespeare

We watched a Shakespeare intorduction video in class today and I really liked it. It was a neat commentary and I learned a lot about the history and aura around William Shakespeare. I saw Hamlet, at the Guthrie through Drama in 9th grade and it was 4 hours long!!! I must admit i did start to sleep near the end of the first act. Last year, I saw MeErchant of Venice at the Guthrie. IT WAS AMAZING. So good and really easy to follow and understand. The actors were very good and really made the 3 and a half hour play enjoyable. Also last year in 9th grade, I watched Romeo and Juliet, two versions. I really like the old one because it is in context rather than the new contemporary one which uses guns??? and cars??? and beach???
And I can't wait to read Much Ado about Nothing. I've heard of it. I think its a comedy, but we shall see.

No comments: