Thursday, December 27, 2007

Eclipse

"He's like a drug for you, Bella." His voice was still gentle, not at all critical. "I see that you can't live without him now. It's too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun." (Meyer 599)

I think this is probably my favorite quote of the whole entire series. It is a nice metaphorical comparision of what exactly the difference between Edward and Jacob is. In context, this line comes in at a pivotal moment. AFter Jacob's almost fatal injuries, Bella feels horrible for getting him all into this. They are talking in Jacob's hospital room and Jacob telling Bella that he has finally given up. It is when Bella truly starts to question her options, but still realizes that although she loves Jacob very deeply, it is not enough to break her relationship with Edward. Jacob now deals with unrequited love. Which makes me extremely dissapointed becasue I like Jacob personally better. But of course, I can understand why she picks Edward---I guess.

No comments: