Thursday, September 20, 2007

New Moon. by Stephanie Meyer

I'm reading the second book in the Twilight series, New Moon and I am currently on Chapter 3.
First, let me inform you (if you didn't already know) that these books are arguably the BEST fictional books ever read. (BESIDES HP, of course) and if you haven't read them, you are missing out on a part of your life, so get started. BUT i don't think this is a guys book at all because it has a lot of romance. I'm not trying to say that guys don't like romance but it might not be as interesting for you. On the other hand, if you want, READ IT!

Ok, so the book begins where it is Bella Swan's eighteenth birthday. This is devastating for her because it means that she is older than her boyfriend Edward. Because I will do the honor of not revealing the book, Edward has been 17 for more than like a 100 years and has certain charatersitcs which suggest that he is not human. Anyway, Edward thinks that turning 18 is petty compared to the joy that Bella has given him in his life. However, Bella thinks otherwise. She becomes moody when Edward tells her that they are throwing a HUGE B-day bash at his house for her. Reluctantly, Bella attends and soon it is time for her b-day presents, which she stubbornly accepts. During this present opening, Bella gives her self a paper cut. This engenders a blood-thirsty reaction from Edward's brother, Jasper. While the whole family restrains Jasper from attacking, Carlisle cleans up her wound and soon after leaves even more despondant and frightened than when she arrived.

That is where I am at in the story.
I thought that it was soo wierd that Bella got a paper but and it started like DRIPPING blood. I mean come on, a paper cut is soo small. And I think the fact that Bella is now older than Edward will affect how they react to one another from now on.

***SPOILER***
Ok, i tried not to give it away but this story is about vampires, but they are good vampires. Jasper is the youngest one who still cannot control his lust for human blood when he sees it. Everyone else in the family can.

2 comments:

Claire L. said...

I love these books, they are some of my favorites!
You asked about Bella's paper cut, well here's what happened...
So Bella cut her finger on some wrapping paper and a "A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut" (Meyer 28). Jasper, not yet able to fully control himself around blood went to attack her. However, Edward flung himself in front of Bella. "He [Edward] threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table. It fell as I did, scattering the cake and the presents, the flowers and the plates. I landed in a mess of shattered crystal" (Meyer 28)."I'd tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. Only now did I feel the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow" (Meyer 29). So, now Bella's injury is much larger than a paper cut and needs stitches. I hope that helps you.

Daphni said...

Claire's right and if anyone doesn't want to know what happens in the book they probably shouldn't read people's posts. It wouldn't be your fault if you spoiled the book for someone.