Saturday, September 29, 2007

Bloody Mary

Im writing my memoir right now and Im kind of actually having a lot of fun. I find myself reenacting what really happened the day i got into trouble. It was soooooo funny that i look back on it and I could laugh myself to tears. I was soooo naive and innocent. But, i have no idea how to introduce it and mine is kind of long so i'll have to work on shortening it.

Anyways, im writing about how in third grade i had heard the myth about bloody mary. I believed it and told all my friends. Two of my friends and I (i don't know who came up with the idea) but we decided we would try it at school in the bathroom because there was a mirror. So, after telling everyone we were going to do it of course, we brave souls went in and said bloody mary three times, each progresively louder while looking into the mirror without blinking. I remember us screaming and running into the bathrrom stalls and then turning the lights on and running back out where everyone was like waiting for us. We sure felt like heroes and claimed to have seen Bloody Mary. But later that day, I went to the principals and he told me i was in trouble because I was not supposed to turn off the lights in the bathroom. And on top of that he said my story had scared other kids. I also realized that someone had told on us and i found out who later. But i went home that day really scared because i didn't know what my parents would say but they just laughed so it was all good!

1 comment:

Claire L. said...

I remember when that happened. The tail of Bloody Mary went around the school and all the girls were afraid to go to the bathroom alone. The teachers became so annoyed because all the girls started using the buddy system. It was pretty funny looking back at it, but I remember at the time, almost the whole school was terrified. I also remember that there was a rumor that there were dead people buried under the hill in the back of our school.