Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Moon

Ok. So Bella had already befriended a vampire whom she instantly fell in love with; a werewolf whom she trusts and cares for more than anything in the world. What other creatures is she going to meet and befriend in the next book? I think Bella is a character who is so open-minded that she doesn't go into a situation with a closed mind. Instead, she asses the event only after she has already experienced it. Also, this book teaches us that life is full of tough decisions that you have to choose from. Although, you may get away with being indecisive in some instances, ultimately you will have to pick one and give up the other. I think that is going to be Bella's biggest decision in the next book, Eclipse. As she quotes in New Moon, "But it couldn't be worse than what the Cullens endured in their quest to be good...Nothing could be harder than that. The werewolves had chosen a different path. Now, what would I choose?" (Meyer 299) But somehow just because of that fact that this is fiction I think that by the end of the series Bella will get a happily ever after.

1 comment:

Claire L. said...

Yeah, I have no idea what Bella will do, well that's not true, guess I do have my theories. I don't know how I want the book to end. A happy ending is sometimes nice, like in this case, but it would also be nice if Meyer threw in a big twist, even if it is sad...