Saturday, October 13, 2007

My favorite Quote

My favorite quote from New Moon were:

"Suddenly, something Jacob had told me this afternoon echoed in my head, finally sinking in...She took off into the water, he'd said. The bloodsuckers have the advantage there. That's why i raced home-i was afraid she was going to double back swimming.
My hand froze in its seraching, my whole body froze into place, as I realized why I recognized the strange orange color on the water.
Victoria's hair, blowing wild in the wind, the color of fire..." (Meyer 381)
I thought this passage did a good job of accentuating the carelessness of Bella's actions. She did something very rash and as a result put herself in more danger than she could have ever imagined. Although, being clumsy and reckless is something Bella is expecially good at, this experience almost crossed the line. I felt that if this wasn't a fiction book, someone would have suffered bad consequences. Furthermore, I like this passage because it is like a flashback to an earlier event that explains a very key detail that the reader probably did not pick up on. Likewise, after reading this, I found myself questioning, why I had not picked up on this fact earlier? but also what would have happened had the werewolves not rescued Bella?

1 comment:

Natalie D said...

Hmmm...interesting fav quote you got there. While Bella can be very stupid at times, I see a lot of myself in her. Is that a bad thing?