Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blog #5

Great book so far...It is the most interesting book about the Holocaust that I have read. It is narrarated by death ( i found out) and so there is way too much foreshadowing that I would rather not know. Here is a good quote I found that gives away a later part in the book.
"The Hubermanns had two of their own, but they were older and had moved out. Hans Junior worked in the center of Munich, and Trudy held a job as a housemaid and child minder. Soon, they would both be in the war. One would be making bullets. The other would be shooting them," (Zusak 39).
From this, I can tell that one of the Hubermanns will join the Nazi's and fight for Germany in the frontlines of World War II while another one will be behind the scenes, not participating directly. I thought it was a really unique way of describing the turn of events.

No comments: